Membership in Our Memorial Chapter
We are always looking for new members in our chapter. Members shall reside in Memorial and surrounding areas. Our membership drive begins in the fall of the 6th grade year for the daughter(s) of a prospective member. A prospective patroness (new member) must have one sponsor and one co-sponsor who are members of NCL, Inc., Memorial Chapter. The sponsor will let the chapter know about your interest in membership through an Intent to Sponsor form. The deadline for that Intent to Sponsor form is usually on or around October 10th of the prospective daughter’s 6th grade year. Unfortunately, all deadlines are final and binding. If you have missed this deadline, please contact another chapter in our area. If you have been sponsored for membership, the prospective patroness and all of her sponsors are required attend a workshop where requirements and expectations are discussed as well as specific information about our chapter and the next steps in the membership process. After the workshop, the prospective patroness will discuss with her sponsor and co-sponser whether or not she would like to proceed with membership. A formal application will need to be completed by the sponsor, co-sponsor and prospective patroness. Once all applications are complete, a selection process will take place. We would like to accept all applicants; unfortunately, membership is limited, and not all who apply are guaranteed a place in the chapter.
For more information on membership in the Memorial Chapter, please contact the Membership Vice President. firstname.lastname@example.org
Characteristics of a Good NCL Member
- She will make membership in NCL a priority for herself and her daughter(s).
- She is a “team player” and will accept the decision of the majority.
- She is able and willing to be a role model for all members.
- She is willing and able to actively participate in the operation and/or administration of her Chapter by holding leadership positions each year, as Chapter needs dictate. Each year the Provisional will hold a job and have committee responsibilities.
- She understands the importance of all three pillars of NCL—philanthropic, leadership and cultural.
- She understands and is willing to commit the time to fulfill the specific attendance, job/committee, philanthropic, league and committee obligations of her NCL Chapter.
- She understands the importance of a positive attitude, professional communication and constructive problem solving in all NCL matters.
- She is focused on the philosophical ideals of NCL, rather than any associated prestige or status.
- She fully understands and is willing to meet the financial obligations associated with NCL membership.
- She will make an extra effort to become acquainted with all Chapter members.
- She understands that by virtue of being a member of a local Chapter, she is affiliated with a National federated system, which requires adherence to National standards and policies at all times and mandates belief in the core values of National Charity League, Inc.